Hello Electrified Miata Fans! Here is a brief update since I last wrote. I'm grateful to Bruce and Eric for helping me replace the top on the Electrified Miata. I kind of like the topless view.
but I really like the new tan top. Who would have thought I had an opinion on fashion? Thanks Bruce and Eric for all the help getting the top on!
The Electrified Miata also made progress in the area of software. I worked on the reducing complexity and and improving re-usability. I started on the BMS logging process. The logging process still needs to be debugged and thoroughly tested. Sawyer, my son, after driving the go-kart for the first time remarked "I can't see why you aren't out here driving this around everyday. It's a lot of fun". Lucky for me, there will be more testing. Joe is making progress testing to see if a new processor will work on our BMS boards.
The ADD mind is a restless mind. If there is no focus, a new focus will be found. For a variety of reasons, we'll be taking on another project! Introducing the Formula-E-Mazda (FM). Yes, that's what the top picture is. The first thing that our team can help with is to produce a prototype mount that will connect a Leaf motor to the trans-axle. Broch and Dave Evans made a prototype with wood and from there Broch made a CAD drawing. After obtaining the metal, and setting up the components on the bench,
we started the measuring, and cutting process. We even got to use the blue wrench (a oxy-acetylene torch, Thanks Ed) for some of the cutting after the magic smoke was let out of the plasma cutter.
Next week, we'll continue with the software on the e-Miata and drilling mounting holes for the Formula-E-Mazda.
Hope y'all have recovered from the weather and are having fun again.
Bill likes cars that understand the 'go fast now' pedal